I know it’s been a bit since I’ve done an update but I wanted to put it out there – the first public revision of the CREMA firmware!! It’s being released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License so as to provide a significant amount of freedom with respect to what people can do with it.
You can get it here: https://github.com/josh-blake/CREMA
Presently, the CREMA firmware provides you with:
- Custom brew Presets and the ability to modify: temperature, duration, and pump duty.
- Real time clock with alarm and auto-on / off.
- Steam temperature control with auto-refill (marching ants).
There is a LOT more that I need to do with the CREMA firmware including:
- Storage / Retrieval of settings from Flash Memory
- Modifying PID settings (they’re currently hard-coded)
- Finishing off the rest of the menu elements
A note about compiling this firmware: you WILL need to enable SPRINTF functions with FLOAT capabilities as I’ve previously outlined (http://josh.to/crema/rebuilding-the-arduino-ide-to-support-sprintf-with-floats/). Everything else should work as is.
I’ll post the hardware next!